Welcome — What is The Living Canvas?
It's photography made flesh, the texture of movement. It's visual art and performance art. It's body acceptance, and a philosophy of artistic expression. Find out more of what The Living Canvas is all about.
- Living Canvas 2013! Yes, we are back this summer with a very fresh Living Canvas approach. Four Saturday nights at National Pastime Theater: June 29, July 6, 13, 20 at 10 pm. Each night will be different, because each performance will be workshopped during the day at National Pastime Theater and we're inviting performers of all types to join us in creating the show in collaboration (a wide variety of performance skills welcomed; movement training a plus). Contact Pete Guither for more information. (Don't forget to follow us on Facebook.
- Living Canvas: Eureka (our 2012 summer show) was a huge success, with a 7-week run in Chicago (June 29 - August 11) at National Pastime Theater's new space on Lawrence, and then we had a marvelous 4-performance run at Downstairs Cabaret Theatre in Rochester, New York. The text for the pieces is now available on the Eureka page.
- The Living Canvas is in the process of becoming a non-profit organization in order to expand what we're doing. To be part of this, please add your name to our email newsletter. We'll let you know about upcoming events.
- The Living Canvas: Rain — Summer, 2011
- Living Canvas: Demons— Summer, 2010
- Living Canvas: Nocturne — Summer, 2009
- Unsex Me Here — Summer, 2008
- The Living Canvas 2005 (2005 - Victory Gardens Theatre, Chicago)
- Ascent of The Living Canvas (2004 - Boxer Rebellion Theatre, Chicago)
- The Living Canvas - An Odyssey (2002 - Actor's Studio Theatre, Chicago)
- The Living Canvas (2001 - Strawdog Theatre, Chicago)
- The Living and Breathing Canvas (2001 - Studio Theatre, Normal, IL)
The Living Canvas Gallery -- Click here for the photo galleries.